TRS membership drive from June 3
Hyderabad: Ahead of the crucial by elections
to 10 Assembly seats in Telangana, the TRS today decided to
strengthen the party organisation and also reach out to the
The party, at a meeting of its polit bureau, decided to
launch a membership drive from this week and undertake a
mass-contact programme before the bypolls, senior party leader
N Narasimha Reddy told reporters here.
The party aims to enlist about 20,000 members in each
Christened `Palle bata` (towards villages), the mass
contact programme will be held from June 3 to June 10.
As part of the programme, party leaders would go to the
villages and interact with the people.
The programme would be held first in the ten Assembly
that go to the polls and elsewhere in Telangana later.
The by-elections 12 Assembly constituencies in Telangana
are necessitated as the sitting MLAs, ten from TRS and one
each from TDP and BJP had quit their posts in February last in
support of Telangana demand. TRS would support the BJP
candidate who has resigned as MLA. The election dates are yet
to be announced. The by-election should be held in six months.
TRS leader K Chandrasekhar Rao would also participate in
the programme and his tour details would be finalised soon.
Reddy said the party also aims at enrolling about 10 lakh
students as party members during next month.
"We had conducted classes for about 30,000 students on
the need for achieving separate Telangana for 90 days earlier.
That has helped the recent Telangana movement in a big way,"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city