TRS, YSRCP in tacit understanding with Cong to split AP: TDP
Srikakulam: TDP chief N Chandrababu Naidu on Sunday alleged Congress has entered into a conspiracy with TRS and Jaganmohan Reddy-led YSR Congress Party to divide Andhra Pradesh.
"Congress hatched a plan with TRS and YSRCP to derive a political mileage in Seemandhra and Rayalaseema regions and to suppress TDP. This is the reason Congress took a harsh step to divide Andhra Pradesh," Naidu said here.
He was talking to reporters here after taking stock of the flood situation here. Naidu accused the ruling Congress government of "inaction" in assessing the situation arising out of rains and of being "lax" in rehabilitating the affected people.
The TDP chief said he would write off loans secured by farmers if TDP is voted to power in 2014 Assembly elections.
On bifurcation of state, Naidu said, "though the union government has the privilege to divide any state, there`s a custom of getting opinion of the concerned state before making such decision....NDA regime had followed this while dividing three states".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what
- MP student proposes Congress VP Rahul Gandhi's name to Guinness Book for losing maximum elections