TRS, YSRCP in tacit understanding with Cong to split AP: TDP
Srikakulam: TDP chief N Chandrababu Naidu on Sunday alleged Congress has entered into a conspiracy with TRS and Jaganmohan Reddy-led YSR Congress Party to divide Andhra Pradesh.
"Congress hatched a plan with TRS and YSRCP to derive a political mileage in Seemandhra and Rayalaseema regions and to suppress TDP. This is the reason Congress took a harsh step to divide Andhra Pradesh," Naidu said here.
He was talking to reporters here after taking stock of the flood situation here. Naidu accused the ruling Congress government of "inaction" in assessing the situation arising out of rains and of being "lax" in rehabilitating the affected people.
The TDP chief said he would write off loans secured by farmers if TDP is voted to power in 2014 Assembly elections.
On bifurcation of state, Naidu said, "though the union government has the privilege to divide any state, there`s a custom of getting opinion of the concerned state before making such decision....NDA regime had followed this while dividing three states".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them