TRS, YSRCP in tacit understanding with Cong to split AP: TDP
Srikakulam: TDP chief N Chandrababu Naidu on Sunday alleged Congress has entered into a conspiracy with TRS and Jaganmohan Reddy-led YSR Congress Party to divide Andhra Pradesh.
"Congress hatched a plan with TRS and YSRCP to derive a political mileage in Seemandhra and Rayalaseema regions and to suppress TDP. This is the reason Congress took a harsh step to divide Andhra Pradesh," Naidu said here.
He was talking to reporters here after taking stock of the flood situation here. Naidu accused the ruling Congress government of "inaction" in assessing the situation arising out of rains and of being "lax" in rehabilitating the affected people.
The TDP chief said he would write off loans secured by farmers if TDP is voted to power in 2014 Assembly elections.
On bifurcation of state, Naidu said, "though the union government has the privilege to divide any state, there`s a custom of getting opinion of the concerned state before making such decision....NDA regime had followed this while dividing three states".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Live: Supporters pay last respects to Jayalalithaa at Rajaji Hall; cremation today evening
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest