TTD not to sell land donated by yesteryear actress
Chennai: The Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanam,
which manages the famous hill shrine of Lord Venkateshwara at
Tirumala in Andhra Pradesh, has assured that it will not sell
or use for commercial purposes, the land donated by yesteryear
actress Kanchana at a prime location in the city.
``They have made an earnest request to use the place for
spiritual, cultural or religious purposes and not sell it. We
are planning something in tune with their wishes,`` TTD
Executive Officer IYR Krishna Rao told reporters here.
Vasundhara Devi alias Kanchana and her sister, Girija
Pandey had donated the 9360 sq.ft property including over 4500
sq ft of vacant land.
Rao ruled out constructing a temple as there was already
one in the same locality but said that the engineers would
come up with a proposal once the survey was over. He declined
to divulge details on what the TTD proposed to come up with.
``Normally we sell property donated to us, especially land
as we cannot maintain them.But this is an unusually big
donation and they have made a request to not to sell it off,``
The property is located at GN Chetty Road at T Nagar, a
high-value area in terms of real estate. Rao said the property
would not be less than Rs 20 crore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra