TTD not to sell land donated by yesteryear actress
Chennai: The Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanam,
which manages the famous hill shrine of Lord Venkateshwara at
Tirumala in Andhra Pradesh, has assured that it will not sell
or use for commercial purposes, the land donated by yesteryear
actress Kanchana at a prime location in the city.
``They have made an earnest request to use the place for
spiritual, cultural or religious purposes and not sell it. We
are planning something in tune with their wishes,`` TTD
Executive Officer IYR Krishna Rao told reporters here.
Vasundhara Devi alias Kanchana and her sister, Girija
Pandey had donated the 9360 sq.ft property including over 4500
sq ft of vacant land.
Rao ruled out constructing a temple as there was already
one in the same locality but said that the engineers would
come up with a proposal once the survey was over. He declined
to divulge details on what the TTD proposed to come up with.
``Normally we sell property donated to us, especially land
as we cannot maintain them.But this is an unusually big
donation and they have made a request to not to sell it off,``
The property is located at GN Chetty Road at T Nagar, a
high-value area in terms of real estate. Rao said the property
would not be less than Rs 20 crore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- Video of cops dancing with woman goes viral, inquiry ordered
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview