Two engineering students killed in road accident
Hyderabad: Two engineering students were
killed in a road accident at Narsingi area on the city
outskirts today, police said.
The deceased were identified as Chaitanya and Pankaj
Prabhat, both aged around 21. Chaitanya, who was riding the
motorcycle was a student of IIT Chennai and a native of Tenali
town in Guntur district while Pankaj Prabhat, who was a
student of NIT Raipur hailed from Patna, they said.
According to Narsingi police, the incident occurred at
around 2.30 pm when the motorcycle they were riding on rammed
into a road divider and subsequently hit an electric pole.
Chaitanya died on the spot while Pankaj breathed his last
on way to hospital, a senior police officer said tonight.
"The bike was going at a death neck speed and it seems
Chaitanya lost control and hit the road divider," he said.
The duo had come to Hyderabad as part of a training course
at a private construction company located at Peeracheru
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured