Two engineering students killed in road accident
Hyderabad: Two engineering students were
killed in a road accident at Narsingi area on the city
outskirts today, police said.
The deceased were identified as Chaitanya and Pankaj
Prabhat, both aged around 21. Chaitanya, who was riding the
motorcycle was a student of IIT Chennai and a native of Tenali
town in Guntur district while Pankaj Prabhat, who was a
student of NIT Raipur hailed from Patna, they said.
According to Narsingi police, the incident occurred at
around 2.30 pm when the motorcycle they were riding on rammed
into a road divider and subsequently hit an electric pole.
Chaitanya died on the spot while Pankaj breathed his last
on way to hospital, a senior police officer said tonight.
"The bike was going at a death neck speed and it seems
Chaitanya lost control and hit the road divider," he said.
The duo had come to Hyderabad as part of a training course
at a private construction company located at Peeracheru
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- New survey reveals why men resort to unprotected sex
- 4.7 magnitude earthquake hits India-Bangladesh border region
- Google pays musical tribute to Bollywood legend RD Burman on his 77th birth anniversary! - See pic
- British EU vote unnerves world leaders and markets
- Copa America final: Chile beat Argentina 4-2 to win title after Lionel Messi misses penalty kick