Two engineering students killed in road accident
Hyderabad: Two engineering students were
killed in a road accident at Narsingi area on the city
outskirts today, police said.
The deceased were identified as Chaitanya and Pankaj
Prabhat, both aged around 21. Chaitanya, who was riding the
motorcycle was a student of IIT Chennai and a native of Tenali
town in Guntur district while Pankaj Prabhat, who was a
student of NIT Raipur hailed from Patna, they said.
According to Narsingi police, the incident occurred at
around 2.30 pm when the motorcycle they were riding on rammed
into a road divider and subsequently hit an electric pole.
Chaitanya died on the spot while Pankaj breathed his last
on way to hospital, a senior police officer said tonight.
"The bike was going at a death neck speed and it seems
Chaitanya lost control and hit the road divider," he said.
The duo had come to Hyderabad as part of a training course
at a private construction company located at Peeracheru
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zika virus may spread sexually from asymptomatic man to woman, claims study
- Delhi constable murder: All three culprits arrested
- Now KRK gets in on the act, blasts Piers Morgan for tweeting about PM Modi
- Seven killed in road accident in Uttar Pradesh's Ambedkarnagar
- Searching for weekend get aways in South? Give it a look