Two engineering students killed in road accident
Hyderabad: Two engineering students were
killed in a road accident at Narsingi area on the city
outskirts today, police said.
The deceased were identified as Chaitanya and Pankaj
Prabhat, both aged around 21. Chaitanya, who was riding the
motorcycle was a student of IIT Chennai and a native of Tenali
town in Guntur district while Pankaj Prabhat, who was a
student of NIT Raipur hailed from Patna, they said.
According to Narsingi police, the incident occurred at
around 2.30 pm when the motorcycle they were riding on rammed
into a road divider and subsequently hit an electric pole.
Chaitanya died on the spot while Pankaj breathed his last
on way to hospital, a senior police officer said tonight.
"The bike was going at a death neck speed and it seems
Chaitanya lost control and hit the road divider," he said.
The duo had come to Hyderabad as part of a training course
at a private construction company located at Peeracheru
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes