Two more TV channels booked for story on YSR death
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh police booked cases
against two more Telugu news channels including one owned by
Congress MP YS Jaganmohan Reddy over a report alleging
conspiracy by Ambani brothers in the death of former chief
minister Y S Rajasekhara Reddy in a helicopter crash.
The city police booked cases against NTV and Sakshi TV
owned by the YSR`s son for airing news stories quoting a
website report that there could be a foul play by Ambani
brothers in the death of YSR in the crash in September last
year, police said.
The channels were booked on charges of promoting enmity
among different groups. Suo moto cases of inciting ill-feeling
among a section of people under Section 153 (A) and 505 (2) of
IPC and Section 16 Cable Network Regulation Act were
registered against Sakshi TV with Punjagutta police station
and against NTV with Banjara Hills police station.
The state police booked a case against TV-5 management on
similar charges and arrested two of its senior journalists --
Bramhananda Reddy and P Venkat Krishna last night.
The reports triggered widespread protests in the state as
agitators vandalised the properties of both Mukesh Ambani and
Anil Ambani groups.
"All the three cases have been transferred to CID and
there could be some more arrests as the investigation
progresses," a senior police official said today.
The two arrested journalists are being interrogated and
will be produced before a local court for remand, a senior CID
Sources in the department said the police are cautious
in proceeding for further arrests as there were widespread
protests by Journalist Associations all over the State after
the CID arrested the TV-5 editors.
Congress workers on Thursday night went on rampage and
resorted to wide-spread destruction of properties belonging to
Ambani brothers including damaging buses in various parts of
the state, following the news report.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH