UPA has taken all precautions to address concerns of Seemandhra people: Digvijay
New Delhi: Hailing the UPA Government for showing political will in implementing the election promise of creating a separate state of Telangana, Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh on Wednesday said that the Congress-led Central Government has taken all precautions to address the concerns of the Seemandhra people.
"I feel very sorry that all these Seemandhra members of parliament, who could have contributed to the debate by giving good suggestions, and getting the maximum, I would say leverage for the betterment of the Seemandhra region. Unfortunately, that opportunity was lost. Inspite of that, the UPA Government has taken full precautions to address the concerns of the Seemandhra people," Singh said.
He further urged the Telangana people to show generosity towards the Seemandhra people.
"Now, it is for the Telangana people, I appeal to them to show generosity, to show compassion for all these people, who have left their homes in Seemandhra, and have settled down in Hyderabad, and other parts of Telangana," he said.
Digvijay Singh further said: "I congratulate the Congress President, the Prime Minister, Congress Vice President, the Home Minister, the Parliamentary Affairs Minister, and above all, the Honorable Speaker for taking a very pragmatic and correct stand. Ultimately, the parliament has to function."
A historic bill to carve out Telangana state out of the united state of Andhra Pradesh was passed by the Lok Sabha on Tuesday by a voice vote, and amid strong protests by several members of parliament, including those representing the Seemandhra region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Jallikattu protests LIVE: Some parties trying to create anti-Centre sentiment, says Venkaiah Naidu
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog