YSR Congress protests `unlawful` detention of Jaganmohan Reddy
Hyderabad: YSR Congress leaders and workers on Tuesday held rallies across Andhra Pradesh against the "unlawful" detention of their party chief YS Jaganmohan Reddy for the past one year.
Leading the protest, party honorary president Vijayamma and Jagan`s wife Y S Bharati sat on a day-long protest at Indira Park here.
Party leaders and activists accused the ruling Congress and main opposition TDP of hatching a political conspiracy against Jagan. They also decried the CBI`s "intentional delay" in completing the probe.
In a simultaneous display, YS Sharmila also undertook a day-long protest at Palakollu in West Godavari district during her `Maro Praja Prasthanam` campaign.
Party leaders and activists in East Godavari, Chittoor, Guntur, Kurnool, Adilabad, Nizambad, Visakhaptnam and other districts undertook day-long protests.
The Kadapa MP was arrested by CBI on May 27 last year for alleged corruption and has been lodged in the Chanchalguda Central Prison here since then.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Earth's ancient magnetic field had more than two poles!
- VIDEOS: MS Dhoni's wife Sakshi shares her adorable moments with daughter Ziva
- 26/11 mastermind Hafiz Saeed announces 'jihad to free Pakistani rivers from India'
- Chinese ship inaugurates expanded Panama Canal
- Euro 2016: Germany cruise into last eight with 3-0 Slovakia win