YSR Congress protests `unlawful` detention of Jaganmohan Reddy
Hyderabad: YSR Congress leaders and workers on Tuesday held rallies across Andhra Pradesh against the "unlawful" detention of their party chief YS Jaganmohan Reddy for the past one year.
Leading the protest, party honorary president Vijayamma and Jagan`s wife Y S Bharati sat on a day-long protest at Indira Park here.
Party leaders and activists accused the ruling Congress and main opposition TDP of hatching a political conspiracy against Jagan. They also decried the CBI`s "intentional delay" in completing the probe.
In a simultaneous display, YS Sharmila also undertook a day-long protest at Palakollu in West Godavari district during her `Maro Praja Prasthanam` campaign.
Party leaders and activists in East Godavari, Chittoor, Guntur, Kurnool, Adilabad, Nizambad, Visakhaptnam and other districts undertook day-long protests.
The Kadapa MP was arrested by CBI on May 27 last year for alleged corruption and has been lodged in the Chanchalguda Central Prison here since then.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- UPSC Results 2014: Meet top three toppers