YSR Congress protests `unlawful` detention of Jaganmohan Reddy
Hyderabad: YSR Congress leaders and workers on Tuesday held rallies across Andhra Pradesh against the "unlawful" detention of their party chief YS Jaganmohan Reddy for the past one year.
Leading the protest, party honorary president Vijayamma and Jagan`s wife Y S Bharati sat on a day-long protest at Indira Park here.
Party leaders and activists accused the ruling Congress and main opposition TDP of hatching a political conspiracy against Jagan. They also decried the CBI`s "intentional delay" in completing the probe.
In a simultaneous display, YS Sharmila also undertook a day-long protest at Palakollu in West Godavari district during her `Maro Praja Prasthanam` campaign.
Party leaders and activists in East Godavari, Chittoor, Guntur, Kurnool, Adilabad, Nizambad, Visakhaptnam and other districts undertook day-long protests.
The Kadapa MP was arrested by CBI on May 27 last year for alleged corruption and has been lodged in the Chanchalguda Central Prison here since then.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- Ryan child death: Sexual assault allegations should be probed, says Manish Sisodia
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!