YSR Congress protests `unlawful` detention of Jaganmohan Reddy
Hyderabad: YSR Congress leaders and workers on Tuesday held rallies across Andhra Pradesh against the "unlawful" detention of their party chief YS Jaganmohan Reddy for the past one year.
Leading the protest, party honorary president Vijayamma and Jagan`s wife Y S Bharati sat on a day-long protest at Indira Park here.
Party leaders and activists accused the ruling Congress and main opposition TDP of hatching a political conspiracy against Jagan. They also decried the CBI`s "intentional delay" in completing the probe.
In a simultaneous display, YS Sharmila also undertook a day-long protest at Palakollu in West Godavari district during her `Maro Praja Prasthanam` campaign.
Party leaders and activists in East Godavari, Chittoor, Guntur, Kurnool, Adilabad, Nizambad, Visakhaptnam and other districts undertook day-long protests.
The Kadapa MP was arrested by CBI on May 27 last year for alleged corruption and has been lodged in the Chanchalguda Central Prison here since then.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?