Pakistan PM Nawaz Sharif re-elected PML-N President
Islamabad: Pakistan Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif was on Tuesday re-elected the President of the Pakistan Muslim League-N (PML-N) unopposed as the nomination papers of his only rival were rejected.
During scrutiny, the nomination papers of another candidate Sardar Prince Baloch were rejected by Chief Election Commissioner Chaudhary Jaffar Iqbal, The News International reported.
Sharif lambasted Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf chief Imran Khan after being re-elected as the president of the ruling party, saying the PTI leadership spent its time on containers (a reference to Imran Khan making a container his base during an agitation) and dancing instead of serving Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
"Today the people of KP are searching for their elected leader. They are searching for those who promised them a 'Naya Pakistan' but they are only found on containers," he said.
Senior party leader Raja Zafarul Haq was elected PML-N chairman.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!