7-member central team visits violence-torn lower Assam
Guwahati: A seven-member central team consisting of joint secretaries on Tuesday visited several relief camps in strife-torn Korakrajhar, Chirang and Dhubri districts in lower Assam to take stock of the situation.
Official sources said that the team visited more than 81 relief camps spread over the three districts including those at Bilasipara and Majpara in Dhubri district.
The team took stock of the situation and interacted with the camp inmates. The inmates, the sources said, told the members of the team that there were adequate relief materials.
The team was led by the joint secretary, Ministry of Home Affairs, Shambhu Singh, S S Mathur, joint secretary drinking water, K K Srivastava, joint secretary disaster management, Ravi Mittal, joint secretary planning commission, R S Shukla, joint secretary health, Navin Prakash, joint secretary food, and Rajesh Bhusan, joint secretary rural development.
The team has assured the victims of security and supply adequate food stuff, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?