7-member central team visits violence-torn lower Assam
Guwahati: A seven-member central team consisting of joint secretaries on Tuesday visited several relief camps in strife-torn Korakrajhar, Chirang and Dhubri districts in lower Assam to take stock of the situation.
Official sources said that the team visited more than 81 relief camps spread over the three districts including those at Bilasipara and Majpara in Dhubri district.
The team took stock of the situation and interacted with the camp inmates. The inmates, the sources said, told the members of the team that there were adequate relief materials.
The team was led by the joint secretary, Ministry of Home Affairs, Shambhu Singh, S S Mathur, joint secretary drinking water, K K Srivastava, joint secretary disaster management, Ravi Mittal, joint secretary planning commission, R S Shukla, joint secretary health, Navin Prakash, joint secretary food, and Rajesh Bhusan, joint secretary rural development.
The team has assured the victims of security and supply adequate food stuff, the sources said.
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam - Part II
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam -Part III
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam - Part IV
- DNA : Why BJP is linking Rahul Gandhi to AgustaWestland scam
- Now, Pakistan's spy agency ISI using 'mobile apps' to spy on Indian security forces?
- India rejects USCIRF report on intolerance, says Constitution guarantees right to freedom of religion
- Gold price rises further to Rs 30,250 per 10 grams
- India's tour of Zimbabwe: Men in Blue to play three ODIs, three T20Is in June
- NEET 2016: SC asks MCI to respond to state governments' plea to hold separate exams this year