Activists block road to protest killing of businessmen
Rangiya (Assam): All Bodoland Minority Students` Union (ABMSU) activists today blocked the Rangiya- Goreshwar road at lower Assam`s Baksa district in protest against the killing of two local businessmen by unidentified miscreants.
Shouting slogans against Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi and Bodoland Territorial Council (BTC) chief Hagrama Mahilary, the protestors demanded action against the culprits and seizure of illegal arms.
"The administration has failed to take action against those possessing illegal arms. We have asked the government to seize all such weapons within a month," an ABMSU leader said.
ABMSU activists also demanded government jobs for family members of the two businessmen, Mukul Ahmed of Deolkuthi and Lalon Swargiary of Dolabari.
The protestors blocked the road for three hours and withdrew their protest after senior officials of Baksa district administration assured them of prompt action regarding their demands.
The bodies of Ahmed and Swargiary were recovered yesterday from Sargapur in Baksa district along the Indo- Bhutan border
The two businessmen were travelling together on January 20 when they were abducted from Kaoli.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year