Activists block road to protest killing of businessmen
Rangiya (Assam): All Bodoland Minority Students` Union (ABMSU) activists today blocked the Rangiya- Goreshwar road at lower Assam`s Baksa district in protest against the killing of two local businessmen by unidentified miscreants.
Shouting slogans against Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi and Bodoland Territorial Council (BTC) chief Hagrama Mahilary, the protestors demanded action against the culprits and seizure of illegal arms.
"The administration has failed to take action against those possessing illegal arms. We have asked the government to seize all such weapons within a month," an ABMSU leader said.
ABMSU activists also demanded government jobs for family members of the two businessmen, Mukul Ahmed of Deolkuthi and Lalon Swargiary of Dolabari.
The protestors blocked the road for three hours and withdrew their protest after senior officials of Baksa district administration assured them of prompt action regarding their demands.
The bodies of Ahmed and Swargiary were recovered yesterday from Sargapur in Baksa district along the Indo- Bhutan border
The two businessmen were travelling together on January 20 when they were abducted from Kaoli.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past