Activists block road to protest killing of businessmen
Rangiya (Assam): All Bodoland Minority Students` Union (ABMSU) activists today blocked the Rangiya- Goreshwar road at lower Assam`s Baksa district in protest against the killing of two local businessmen by unidentified miscreants.
Shouting slogans against Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi and Bodoland Territorial Council (BTC) chief Hagrama Mahilary, the protestors demanded action against the culprits and seizure of illegal arms.
"The administration has failed to take action against those possessing illegal arms. We have asked the government to seize all such weapons within a month," an ABMSU leader said.
ABMSU activists also demanded government jobs for family members of the two businessmen, Mukul Ahmed of Deolkuthi and Lalon Swargiary of Dolabari.
The protestors blocked the road for three hours and withdrew their protest after senior officials of Baksa district administration assured them of prompt action regarding their demands.
The bodies of Ahmed and Swargiary were recovered yesterday from Sargapur in Baksa district along the Indo- Bhutan border
The two businessmen were travelling together on January 20 when they were abducted from Kaoli.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- PHOTO (Inside): Not for the faint-hearted! Saina Nehwal shares image of her knee's broken bone
- 'Domestic airfares to decline at lower rate in Q2'
- US, Ukraine to conduct observation flights over Russia
- 25-year-old woman gang-raped, two arrested
- How to dress like a star within your budget! Get tips right away