Activists block road to protest killing of businessmen
Rangiya (Assam): All Bodoland Minority Students` Union (ABMSU) activists today blocked the Rangiya- Goreshwar road at lower Assam`s Baksa district in protest against the killing of two local businessmen by unidentified miscreants.
Shouting slogans against Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi and Bodoland Territorial Council (BTC) chief Hagrama Mahilary, the protestors demanded action against the culprits and seizure of illegal arms.
"The administration has failed to take action against those possessing illegal arms. We have asked the government to seize all such weapons within a month," an ABMSU leader said.
ABMSU activists also demanded government jobs for family members of the two businessmen, Mukul Ahmed of Deolkuthi and Lalon Swargiary of Dolabari.
The protestors blocked the road for three hours and withdrew their protest after senior officials of Baksa district administration assured them of prompt action regarding their demands.
The bodies of Ahmed and Swargiary were recovered yesterday from Sargapur in Baksa district along the Indo- Bhutan border
The two businessmen were travelling together on January 20 when they were abducted from Kaoli.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know