AIUDF should not politicise BTAD issue: Tarun Gogoi
Guwahati: The winter session of the Assam Assembly on Monady began on a stormy note with main opposition party AIUDF demanding a discussion on the recent clashes in lower Assam with Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi appealing to them not to politicise the issue.
The developments in the Bodoland Territorial Area Districts have affected the overall development process in the state as most officials are busy dealing with it, the Chief Minister said.
"At such a time, the All India United Democratic Front (AIUDF) should not politicise the issue further. They are trying to play politics over it," Gogoi told reporters here.
Gogoi said that the AIUDF MLAs should listen to what the government has to say over the issue before disrupting the House.
Soon after the proceedings started, all 18 AIUDF MLAs in the 126 member House, pressed for an adjournment motion which the Speaker Pranab Gogoi refused to allow.
The AIUDF MLAs created a ruckus and disrupted proceedings in Question Hour forcing the speaker to adjourn the House for ten minutes.
Irked over the refusal of the speaker to admit the adjournment motion, the AIUDF MLAs walked out and later announced they would to boycott the next four days of Assembly session if the adjournment session was not allowed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes