Arms recovered, two arrested in Jorhat
Jorhat: Two suspected ULFA members were arrested from Jorhat in upper Assam and a huge quantity of arms seized from them, police said Thursday.
The duo, Rajat Dutta alias Hirokjyoti Deka and Raju Saikia alias Jayanta Hazarika, were nabbed from the outskirts of the city while they were taking the arms in a mini-truck.
They are suspected to be actively involved with the anti-talk faction of ULFA led by Paresh Baruah.
Police seized one M 20 rifle, an AK 47 rifle, eight bombs, ten landmines, along with 100 rounds of ammunition from them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- DNA: Today in History, 18th February, 2017
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal