Arms recovered, two arrested in Jorhat
Jorhat: Two suspected ULFA members were arrested from Jorhat in upper Assam and a huge quantity of arms seized from them, police said Thursday.
The duo, Rajat Dutta alias Hirokjyoti Deka and Raju Saikia alias Jayanta Hazarika, were nabbed from the outskirts of the city while they were taking the arms in a mini-truck.
They are suspected to be actively involved with the anti-talk faction of ULFA led by Paresh Baruah.
Police seized one M 20 rifle, an AK 47 rifle, eight bombs, ten landmines, along with 100 rounds of ammunition from them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch
- In Pics: Indian Super League 2015 opening ceremony!