Arms recovered, two arrested in Jorhat
Jorhat: Two suspected ULFA members were arrested from Jorhat in upper Assam and a huge quantity of arms seized from them, police said Thursday.
The duo, Rajat Dutta alias Hirokjyoti Deka and Raju Saikia alias Jayanta Hazarika, were nabbed from the outskirts of the city while they were taking the arms in a mini-truck.
They are suspected to be actively involved with the anti-talk faction of ULFA led by Paresh Baruah.
Police seized one M 20 rifle, an AK 47 rifle, eight bombs, ten landmines, along with 100 rounds of ammunition from them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars