Assam-Agartala highway is being made double-lane
Agartala: Assam-Agartala National Highway,
considered to be the life-line of Tripura would be converted
in to a double lane highway, official sources said on Thursday.
Chief Engineer of PWD, Sunil Bhowmik, said, "The work for
conversion of the road from single lane to double lane would
be started by September."
He said that 86 km of the 333-km-long road was being made
double lane earlier, but the work was stopped for long time.
"A high level meeting chaired by Chief Secretary, SK
Panda yesterday reviewed the progress of conversion of NH-44
in the presence of the representatives from Border Roads
Organisation (BRO) and state PWD," Bhowmik said adding that
BRO would complete the work.
He said, the meeting decided BRO would submit Detailed
Project Reports (DPRs) to Ministry of Road Transport and
Highway by August for execution and the work would be started
Bhowmik said that initially the national highway would be
made two-lanes and later it would be converted into
He also stated that North Eastern Council (NEC) has
sanctioned Rs 200 crore for expansion of Boxanagar-Belonia
road in South Tripura district, the work for which would be
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey