Assam-Agartala highway is being made double-lane
Agartala: Assam-Agartala National Highway,
considered to be the life-line of Tripura would be converted
in to a double lane highway, official sources said on Thursday.
Chief Engineer of PWD, Sunil Bhowmik, said, "The work for
conversion of the road from single lane to double lane would
be started by September."
He said that 86 km of the 333-km-long road was being made
double lane earlier, but the work was stopped for long time.
"A high level meeting chaired by Chief Secretary, SK
Panda yesterday reviewed the progress of conversion of NH-44
in the presence of the representatives from Border Roads
Organisation (BRO) and state PWD," Bhowmik said adding that
BRO would complete the work.
He said, the meeting decided BRO would submit Detailed
Project Reports (DPRs) to Ministry of Road Transport and
Highway by August for execution and the work would be started
Bhowmik said that initially the national highway would be
made two-lanes and later it would be converted into
He also stated that North Eastern Council (NEC) has
sanctioned Rs 200 crore for expansion of Boxanagar-Belonia
road in South Tripura district, the work for which would be
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata