Assam-Agartala highway is being made double-lane
Agartala: Assam-Agartala National Highway,
considered to be the life-line of Tripura would be converted
in to a double lane highway, official sources said on Thursday.
Chief Engineer of PWD, Sunil Bhowmik, said, "The work for
conversion of the road from single lane to double lane would
be started by September."
He said that 86 km of the 333-km-long road was being made
double lane earlier, but the work was stopped for long time.
"A high level meeting chaired by Chief Secretary, SK
Panda yesterday reviewed the progress of conversion of NH-44
in the presence of the representatives from Border Roads
Organisation (BRO) and state PWD," Bhowmik said adding that
BRO would complete the work.
He said, the meeting decided BRO would submit Detailed
Project Reports (DPRs) to Ministry of Road Transport and
Highway by August for execution and the work would be started
Bhowmik said that initially the national highway would be
made two-lanes and later it would be converted into
He also stated that North Eastern Council (NEC) has
sanctioned Rs 200 crore for expansion of Boxanagar-Belonia
road in South Tripura district, the work for which would be
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know