Assam CM orders probe into forgery of cheques
Guwahati: Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi has ordered an inquiry into the forgery of cheques issued by him from the Chief Minister`s Relief Fund.
The relief fund is wholly meant for people afflicted with cancer and other diseases and if anyone is found indulging in fraudulent and unlawful activities by tampering with the cheques, he or she would be dealt with severely as per law, the Chief Minister said in a statement here.
Meanwhile, the Chief Minister`s Office has lodged an FIR with the Dispur Police Station here in this regard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read