Congress govt fails to maintain law & order: AGP
Guwahati: Opposition Asom Gana Parishad on Saturday accused the Assam government of "failing" on all fronts as it has not been able to control violence in many districts in demand of independent statehood by different groups.
"After announcing the Telangana state, the Assam government has failed to control violence. The law and order situation has completely collapsed in Karbi Anglong and BTAD districts," AGP President Prafulla Kumar Mahanta said.
Instead of holding discussions with the agitators, the Chief Minister and other senior Congress party leaders are in New Delhi for the last couple of days, he added.
Protesting against high inflation, rising prices of fuel and illegal Bangladeshi immigration, AGP today organised a rally from its party office to Raj Bhawan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city