Congress govt fails to maintain law & order: AGP
Guwahati: Opposition Asom Gana Parishad on Saturday accused the Assam government of "failing" on all fronts as it has not been able to control violence in many districts in demand of independent statehood by different groups.
"After announcing the Telangana state, the Assam government has failed to control violence. The law and order situation has completely collapsed in Karbi Anglong and BTAD districts," AGP President Prafulla Kumar Mahanta said.
Instead of holding discussions with the agitators, the Chief Minister and other senior Congress party leaders are in New Delhi for the last couple of days, he added.
Protesting against high inflation, rising prices of fuel and illegal Bangladeshi immigration, AGP today organised a rally from its party office to Raj Bhawan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez