Congress govt fails to maintain law & order: AGP
Guwahati: Opposition Asom Gana Parishad on Saturday accused the Assam government of "failing" on all fronts as it has not been able to control violence in many districts in demand of independent statehood by different groups.
"After announcing the Telangana state, the Assam government has failed to control violence. The law and order situation has completely collapsed in Karbi Anglong and BTAD districts," AGP President Prafulla Kumar Mahanta said.
Instead of holding discussions with the agitators, the Chief Minister and other senior Congress party leaders are in New Delhi for the last couple of days, he added.
Protesting against high inflation, rising prices of fuel and illegal Bangladeshi immigration, AGP today organised a rally from its party office to Raj Bhawan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Donald Trump calls for immediate closure of ''corrupt'' Clinton Foundation
- Hillary Clinton e-mail scandal: FBI discovers 15,000 more e-mails
- British police intercept drones flying drugs, cell phones into London prison
- My writing will never be the same, says author Perumal Murugan
- Japan's first lady makes first visit to Pearl Harbor