Congress govt fails to maintain law & order: AGP
Guwahati: Opposition Asom Gana Parishad on Saturday accused the Assam government of "failing" on all fronts as it has not been able to control violence in many districts in demand of independent statehood by different groups.
"After announcing the Telangana state, the Assam government has failed to control violence. The law and order situation has completely collapsed in Karbi Anglong and BTAD districts," AGP President Prafulla Kumar Mahanta said.
Instead of holding discussions with the agitators, the Chief Minister and other senior Congress party leaders are in New Delhi for the last couple of days, he added.
Protesting against high inflation, rising prices of fuel and illegal Bangladeshi immigration, AGP today organised a rally from its party office to Raj Bhawan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan