Congress govt fails to maintain law & order: AGP
Guwahati: Opposition Asom Gana Parishad on Saturday accused the Assam government of "failing" on all fronts as it has not been able to control violence in many districts in demand of independent statehood by different groups.
"After announcing the Telangana state, the Assam government has failed to control violence. The law and order situation has completely collapsed in Karbi Anglong and BTAD districts," AGP President Prafulla Kumar Mahanta said.
Instead of holding discussions with the agitators, the Chief Minister and other senior Congress party leaders are in New Delhi for the last couple of days, he added.
Protesting against high inflation, rising prices of fuel and illegal Bangladeshi immigration, AGP today organised a rally from its party office to Raj Bhawan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption