Congress neglecting indigenous people by nominating Sinh : BJP
Guwahati: Opposition BJP on Saturday said the ruling Congress government has neglected the indigenous people of Assam by nominating Lok Sabha member from Uttar Pradesh Sanjay Sinh for the coming Rajya Sabha election here.
"Sanjay Sinh is not the right person. The Congress has shown that it is not for the indigenous people of Assam but for outsiders and foreigners," BJP Assam unit President Sarbananda Sonowal told reporters here.
He also slammed Congress` decision to put its ally Bodoland People`s Front candidate Biswajit Daimary as the third preference, making his fate uncertain.
Congress has made its state unit President Bhubaneswar Kalita as the first choice for the election of three seats of Rajya Sabha from Assam, followed by Sinh.
BJP, along with Asom Gana Parishad and All India United Democratic Front, is supporting the independent candidate Haidar Hussain for the Rajya Sabha election.
"Our party is always for indigenous people of Assam. That is why, we are supporting Hussain, who is from the state," Sonowal said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system?
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part II
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part III
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part IV
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part V
- Gautam Deb: The man behind Mamata's successful Mission North Bengal
- UP CM Akhilesh Yadav non-committal on liquor ban, asks people to drink less
- IPL 9: This is a million times better than any hundred I have scored - AB de Villiers on 79-run knock vs GL
- These workout pictures, video of Karan Patel will make you hit the gym!
- Wanted to do something in English: Jacqueline Fernandez