Criminal tracking network in Assam
Guwahati: A Crime and Criminal Tracking
Network System (CCTNS) project is being taken up in Assam to
integrate the entire criminal administration system, Governor
Janaki Ballav Patnaik told the state assembly here on Thursday.
Addressing the opening day of the budget session of
the state assembly, Patnaik said the new project, to come up
soon, will integrate the administration system against crime
from registration to completion of investigation.
"During the next year, it is proposed to set up three
new police stations and five new outposts, while action will
be taken to ensure that police-citizen inter-face improves and
the police become more people friendly", the governor said.
On the law and order front, Patnaik said the
multi-pronged strategy adopted by the government of sustained
counter-insurgency operations against active militant
groups, peace overtures for groups willing for talks and
rehabilitation of misguided youths had paid rich dividends.
"This has resulted in suspension of operation and
agreement with various outfits as Karbi Longri National
Liberation Front (KLNLF), Dima Haola Daoga (Nunisa and Jewel)
and the National Democratic Front of Bodoland (progressive)
with the ULFA chairman Arabindo Rajkhowa signing a memorandum
and laying down arms", Patnaik said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sell your old car for scrap and get freebies from government
- IPL 2016 Final: Royal Challengers Bangalore vs SunRisers Hyderabad — Possible XIs, Date, Time, Venue, TV Listing, Live Streaming
- Saif Ali Khan, Rani Mukerji's 'Hum Tum' ticks 12 years!
- Not most fashionable but carry myself well: Fawad Khan
- FIs can obtain self-certification via internet banking: CBDT