Criminal tracking network in Assam
Guwahati: A Crime and Criminal Tracking
Network System (CCTNS) project is being taken up in Assam to
integrate the entire criminal administration system, Governor
Janaki Ballav Patnaik told the state assembly here on Thursday.
Addressing the opening day of the budget session of
the state assembly, Patnaik said the new project, to come up
soon, will integrate the administration system against crime
from registration to completion of investigation.
"During the next year, it is proposed to set up three
new police stations and five new outposts, while action will
be taken to ensure that police-citizen inter-face improves and
the police become more people friendly", the governor said.
On the law and order front, Patnaik said the
multi-pronged strategy adopted by the government of sustained
counter-insurgency operations against active militant
groups, peace overtures for groups willing for talks and
rehabilitation of misguided youths had paid rich dividends.
"This has resulted in suspension of operation and
agreement with various outfits as Karbi Longri National
Liberation Front (KLNLF), Dima Haola Daoga (Nunisa and Jewel)
and the National Democratic Front of Bodoland (progressive)
with the ULFA chairman Arabindo Rajkhowa signing a memorandum
and laying down arms", Patnaik said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA