DC Cachar serves showcause notice to BRO
Karimganj: Deputy Commissioner of Cachar district Harendra Kumar Dev Mahanta today took strong exception to the deteriorating condition of National Highway 53 and 54 in Barak Valley asking the BRO to explain the delay in repairing them.
Referring to 0.127 km to 2.63 km, and 2.65 km to 8.540 km of NH 53 and 2.50 km to 8.58 km of NH 54 which were in bad shape, Mahanta asked Border Roads Organisation to reply to the showcause notice within five days, official sources said here today.
The DC has served the showcause notice to the commander of 765 Border Roads Task Force (BRTF) here for negligence and indifferent attitude towards repair, improvement and maintenance of the highways despite his repeated discussions and reminders to them.
Vehicles often get stuck in the bad stretches of the highway causing immense problem to commuters and caused loss of public money and property, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa