DC Cachar serves showcause notice to BRO
Karimganj: Deputy Commissioner of Cachar district Harendra Kumar Dev Mahanta today took strong exception to the deteriorating condition of National Highway 53 and 54 in Barak Valley asking the BRO to explain the delay in repairing them.
Referring to 0.127 km to 2.63 km, and 2.65 km to 8.540 km of NH 53 and 2.50 km to 8.58 km of NH 54 which were in bad shape, Mahanta asked Border Roads Organisation to reply to the showcause notice within five days, official sources said here today.
The DC has served the showcause notice to the commander of 765 Border Roads Task Force (BRTF) here for negligence and indifferent attitude towards repair, improvement and maintenance of the highways despite his repeated discussions and reminders to them.
Vehicles often get stuck in the bad stretches of the highway causing immense problem to commuters and caused loss of public money and property, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'