DC Cachar serves showcause notice to BRO
Karimganj: Deputy Commissioner of Cachar district Harendra Kumar Dev Mahanta today took strong exception to the deteriorating condition of National Highway 53 and 54 in Barak Valley asking the BRO to explain the delay in repairing them.
Referring to 0.127 km to 2.63 km, and 2.65 km to 8.540 km of NH 53 and 2.50 km to 8.58 km of NH 54 which were in bad shape, Mahanta asked Border Roads Organisation to reply to the showcause notice within five days, official sources said here today.
The DC has served the showcause notice to the commander of 765 Border Roads Task Force (BRTF) here for negligence and indifferent attitude towards repair, improvement and maintenance of the highways despite his repeated discussions and reminders to them.
Vehicles often get stuck in the bad stretches of the highway causing immense problem to commuters and caused loss of public money and property, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- AIB: Polythene ban - Do we care enough?
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown