Dhubri: Kidnapped engineer rescued
Kokrajhar (Assam): After a 25-day long search operation, the police and security agencies rescued executive engineer Faizur Islam kidnapped by miscreants earlier this month.
Islam was rescued from Salkosa at the trijunction of Kokrajhar, Bongaigaon and Dhubri districts in lower Assam, late night, police said.
Islam was admitted to a local hospital in Bongaigaon. His health had deteriorated during his 25 days in captivity, the police said.
Islam and his colleague Gadapani Pathak, engineers in agriculture engineering department and based at Gauripur in Dhubri district, were kidnapped on May 2 by four unidentified armed men at Kakragaon while they were returning to Guwahati from Dhubri in a car.
Pathak, a superintendant engineer, was shot dead by the kidnappers. His body was recovered a day later from Baitamari in Abhayapuri.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- James Rodriguez may make last Real Madrid appearance in Celta Vigo game
- Manufacturing growth to be higher in Q2 on better export outlook: Survey
- Assocham for penalty waiver in initial phase of GST rollout
- Roberto Martinez announced Thierry Henry as assistant coach for Belgium
- Olympic Dreams: Rickshaw driver buys shooter daughter rifle worth 5 lakh that was saved for her wedding