Dhubri: Kidnapped engineer rescued
Kokrajhar (Assam): After a 25-day long search operation, the police and security agencies rescued executive engineer Faizur Islam kidnapped by miscreants earlier this month.
Islam was rescued from Salkosa at the trijunction of Kokrajhar, Bongaigaon and Dhubri districts in lower Assam, late night, police said.
Islam was admitted to a local hospital in Bongaigaon. His health had deteriorated during his 25 days in captivity, the police said.
Islam and his colleague Gadapani Pathak, engineers in agriculture engineering department and based at Gauripur in Dhubri district, were kidnapped on May 2 by four unidentified armed men at Kakragaon while they were returning to Guwahati from Dhubri in a car.
Pathak, a superintendant engineer, was shot dead by the kidnappers. His body was recovered a day later from Baitamari in Abhayapuri.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children Part II
- Pakistan's attrocities on Gilgit-Baltistan to Mehbooba's hard hitting attitude on Kashmir violence