Dhubri: Kidnapped engineer rescued
Kokrajhar (Assam): After a 25-day long search operation, the police and security agencies rescued executive engineer Faizur Islam kidnapped by miscreants earlier this month.
Islam was rescued from Salkosa at the trijunction of Kokrajhar, Bongaigaon and Dhubri districts in lower Assam, late night, police said.
Islam was admitted to a local hospital in Bongaigaon. His health had deteriorated during his 25 days in captivity, the police said.
Islam and his colleague Gadapani Pathak, engineers in agriculture engineering department and based at Gauripur in Dhubri district, were kidnapped on May 2 by four unidentified armed men at Kakragaon while they were returning to Guwahati from Dhubri in a car.
Pathak, a superintendant engineer, was shot dead by the kidnappers. His body was recovered a day later from Baitamari in Abhayapuri.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery