Dhubri: Kidnapped engineer rescued
Kokrajhar (Assam): After a 25-day long search operation, the police and security agencies rescued executive engineer Faizur Islam kidnapped by miscreants earlier this month.
Islam was rescued from Salkosa at the trijunction of Kokrajhar, Bongaigaon and Dhubri districts in lower Assam, late night, police said.
Islam was admitted to a local hospital in Bongaigaon. His health had deteriorated during his 25 days in captivity, the police said.
Islam and his colleague Gadapani Pathak, engineers in agriculture engineering department and based at Gauripur in Dhubri district, were kidnapped on May 2 by four unidentified armed men at Kakragaon while they were returning to Guwahati from Dhubri in a car.
Pathak, a superintendant engineer, was shot dead by the kidnappers. His body was recovered a day later from Baitamari in Abhayapuri.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress