Digvijay scotches speculation of Gogoi`s removal as CM
Guwahati: With dissidence plaguing Congress in Assam, AICC general secretary Digvijay Singh on Saturday scotched speculations of replacing Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi and warned that indiscipline in the party would be dealt with strictly.
"Gogoi will complete his five year term and the 2014 Lok Sabha polls in the state will be fought under his and APCC president Bhubaneswar Kalita`s leadership," Singh told newsmen here.
Stating that functioning of the Tarun Gogoi government was good and reshuffling of the ministry was the prerogative of the chief minister, he said "Being consecutively elected thrice is ample proof of it.
"The vote share of Congress has gone up and all legitimate demands of the people addressed and programmes implemented," the AICC leader said.
Singh said that a resolution at a meeting of the APCC executive committee during the day noted with concern indiscipline by a few members of the party and legislature wing.
Stating that there were adequate forums in the party where grievances could be ventilated, he said partymen should not air them in print and electronic media.
"Congress is a responsible party consisting of responsible persons. Whatever issues were there we gave a patient hearing," he said adding that all issues would be resolved amicably.
He said a special cell would be set up in the chief minister`s office to solve problems of party legislators.
Stating the Congress` alliance with the Bodo Peoples Front would continue, he said there was no proposal to ally with the AIUDF.
The APCC executive committee meeting had expressed grave concern over the AIUDF politically exploiting minority sentiments in a few districts through emotional exploitation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’