Documentary evidences in Sukna produced in court
Guwahati: Documentary evidences were
produced in General Court Martial court which resumed its
proceeding today against Lt Gen (retd) Awadesh Prakash in the
Sukna land scam.
The hearing was confined to the submitting of
documentary evidences which is expected to be carried till the
The proceedings are still in the preliminary stage and
will take a minimum of 15 days before something concrete
crops up, defence sources said.
The former army officer had earlier challenged the
jurisdiction of the court and its members conducting the
Prakash was the military secretary and in former
army chief Deepak Kapoor`s office.
Apart from Prakash, LT Gen PK Rath, Lt Gen Ramesh
Halgali and major general PC Sen were found guilty of giving
land near the Sukhna military station in North Bengal
illegally to a private realtor.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living