Documentary evidences in Sukna produced in court
Guwahati: Documentary evidences were
produced in General Court Martial court which resumed its
proceeding today against Lt Gen (retd) Awadesh Prakash in the
Sukna land scam.
The hearing was confined to the submitting of
documentary evidences which is expected to be carried till the
The proceedings are still in the preliminary stage and
will take a minimum of 15 days before something concrete
crops up, defence sources said.
The former army officer had earlier challenged the
jurisdiction of the court and its members conducting the
Prakash was the military secretary and in former
army chief Deepak Kapoor`s office.
Apart from Prakash, LT Gen PK Rath, Lt Gen Ramesh
Halgali and major general PC Sen were found guilty of giving
land near the Sukhna military station in North Bengal
illegally to a private realtor.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say