Documentary evidences in Sukna produced in court
Guwahati: Documentary evidences were
produced in General Court Martial court which resumed its
proceeding today against Lt Gen (retd) Awadesh Prakash in the
Sukna land scam.
The hearing was confined to the submitting of
documentary evidences which is expected to be carried till the
The proceedings are still in the preliminary stage and
will take a minimum of 15 days before something concrete
crops up, defence sources said.
The former army officer had earlier challenged the
jurisdiction of the court and its members conducting the
Prakash was the military secretary and in former
army chief Deepak Kapoor`s office.
Apart from Prakash, LT Gen PK Rath, Lt Gen Ramesh
Halgali and major general PC Sen were found guilty of giving
land near the Sukhna military station in North Bengal
illegally to a private realtor.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- 'Heartbroken' Virat Kohli deletes, then re-posts his sad pic
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what