Explosives seized in Assam before R-Day
Hajo: In the run-up to Republic Day, a huge quantity of explosives and detonators were seized
on Monday from a stone-carrying truck in Hajo area of Assam`s
Kamrup (Rural) district.
A joint police, CRPF and forest department operation
on a tip off in Amranga hill area of Shanpara village seized
38 detonators and 50 kg ammonium nitrate concealed under
stones in the truck, a senior police officer said.
"Some implements for breaking stones were also
recovered along with the explosives," Sub-Divisional Police
Officer (SDPO) Mrinal Deka said.
The arrested driver of the truck could produce no
document in support of carrying the explosives, Deka said.
Meanwhile, Assam police have intensified security
measures in the state on the eve of 26 January to offset
attacks by insurgents and in view of the R-Day boycott call
and `general shutdown` that day by ULFA and five other North
East region militant outfits.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result 2015 to be announced shortly