Explosives seized in Assam before R-Day
Hajo: In the run-up to Republic Day, a huge quantity of explosives and detonators were seized
on Monday from a stone-carrying truck in Hajo area of Assam`s
Kamrup (Rural) district.
A joint police, CRPF and forest department operation
on a tip off in Amranga hill area of Shanpara village seized
38 detonators and 50 kg ammonium nitrate concealed under
stones in the truck, a senior police officer said.
"Some implements for breaking stones were also
recovered along with the explosives," Sub-Divisional Police
Officer (SDPO) Mrinal Deka said.
The arrested driver of the truck could produce no
document in support of carrying the explosives, Deka said.
Meanwhile, Assam police have intensified security
measures in the state on the eve of 26 January to offset
attacks by insurgents and in view of the R-Day boycott call
and `general shutdown` that day by ULFA and five other North
East region militant outfits.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi