Explosives seized in Assam before R-Day
Hajo: In the run-up to Republic Day, a huge quantity of explosives and detonators were seized
on Monday from a stone-carrying truck in Hajo area of Assam`s
Kamrup (Rural) district.
A joint police, CRPF and forest department operation
on a tip off in Amranga hill area of Shanpara village seized
38 detonators and 50 kg ammonium nitrate concealed under
stones in the truck, a senior police officer said.
"Some implements for breaking stones were also
recovered along with the explosives," Sub-Divisional Police
Officer (SDPO) Mrinal Deka said.
The arrested driver of the truck could produce no
document in support of carrying the explosives, Deka said.
Meanwhile, Assam police have intensified security
measures in the state on the eve of 26 January to offset
attacks by insurgents and in view of the R-Day boycott call
and `general shutdown` that day by ULFA and five other North
East region militant outfits.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- SSC CGL 2016 exam dates out; read the eligibility criteria, registration details
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another