Explosives seized in Assam before R-Day
Hajo: In the run-up to Republic Day, a huge quantity of explosives and detonators were seized
on Monday from a stone-carrying truck in Hajo area of Assam`s
Kamrup (Rural) district.
A joint police, CRPF and forest department operation
on a tip off in Amranga hill area of Shanpara village seized
38 detonators and 50 kg ammonium nitrate concealed under
stones in the truck, a senior police officer said.
"Some implements for breaking stones were also
recovered along with the explosives," Sub-Divisional Police
Officer (SDPO) Mrinal Deka said.
The arrested driver of the truck could produce no
document in support of carrying the explosives, Deka said.
Meanwhile, Assam police have intensified security
measures in the state on the eve of 26 January to offset
attacks by insurgents and in view of the R-Day boycott call
and `general shutdown` that day by ULFA and five other North
East region militant outfits.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'