Gogoi for speedy implementation of IT projects in Assam
Guwahati: Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi today directed the Information Technology department to speedily implement all projects including the state-wide e- district project.
"The e-district project will immensely benefit the citizens of the state in availing various government services at their doorstep through the Common Service Centres and Public Facilitation Centres," the Chief Minister said while reviewing the progress of various projects and schemes of the IT department here today.
Gogoi also directed the IT Department to extend network connectivity to all blocks and circle offices in the state on a priority basis, an official spokesman said.
He also emphasized the need for transparency in government procurements through early initiation of the e- procurement project.
Gogoi reviewed the progress made in implementation of the Secretariat Less Paper Office (SLPO) which is aimed at making online processing of files in the secretariat.
He also asked the officials to set up a mechanism for making the Pension and Treasury System completely electronic for the benefit of the citizens and old age pensioners.
He also lauded the initiative of the Department to set up a Cyber Tower in Guwahati to provide plug and play ready facilities for the IT/ITeS companies.
The Chief Minister suggested the setting up of an innovation fund for promoting research and innovation in educational institutions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam