Gogoi for speedy implementation of IT projects in Assam
Guwahati: Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi today directed the Information Technology department to speedily implement all projects including the state-wide e- district project.
"The e-district project will immensely benefit the citizens of the state in availing various government services at their doorstep through the Common Service Centres and Public Facilitation Centres," the Chief Minister said while reviewing the progress of various projects and schemes of the IT department here today.
Gogoi also directed the IT Department to extend network connectivity to all blocks and circle offices in the state on a priority basis, an official spokesman said.
He also emphasized the need for transparency in government procurements through early initiation of the e- procurement project.
Gogoi reviewed the progress made in implementation of the Secretariat Less Paper Office (SLPO) which is aimed at making online processing of files in the secretariat.
He also asked the officials to set up a mechanism for making the Pension and Treasury System completely electronic for the benefit of the citizens and old age pensioners.
He also lauded the initiative of the Department to set up a Cyber Tower in Guwahati to provide plug and play ready facilities for the IT/ITeS companies.
The Chief Minister suggested the setting up of an innovation fund for promoting research and innovation in educational institutions.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Amit Shah interacts with journalists at BJP office
- Watch: Amateur footage of a boy falling from Mumbai local train
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Why so much hullabaloo over Aamir's statement, asks Nagma