Govt for judicial probe into BTAD incidents: Tarun Gogoi
Guwahati: Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi on Monday said his government would institute a judicial enquiry by a retired judge to probe into the outbreak of violence in the Bodoland territorial Area Districts (BTAD) areas.
In a statement released here today, Gogoi said instituting the judicial inquiry would help to unravel the conspiracy angle behind the incidents and to bring the culprits to book.
"The government which has already moved the National Investigation Agency to probe into the incidents would leave no stone unturned to unearth the truth behind the incidents," Gogoi was quoted as saying in the release.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Premier League 2016: I will be worried if I had to bowl at Virat Kohli, says Wasim Akram
- Maruti Suzuki to recall 75,419 Baleno to rectify faulty airbags
- Guys, the 'Baywatch' BAE Priyanka Chopra is back!
- Shocking! Johnny Depp opens up on divorce with Amber Heard—Details inside
- Mathura: Women protest power, water cut by climbing atop overhead tank