Govt for judicial probe into BTAD incidents: Tarun Gogoi
Guwahati: Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi on Monday said his government would institute a judicial enquiry by a retired judge to probe into the outbreak of violence in the Bodoland territorial Area Districts (BTAD) areas.
In a statement released here today, Gogoi said instituting the judicial inquiry would help to unravel the conspiracy angle behind the incidents and to bring the culprits to book.
"The government which has already moved the National Investigation Agency to probe into the incidents would leave no stone unturned to unearth the truth behind the incidents," Gogoi was quoted as saying in the release.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef