Guwahati molestation: KMSS demands action against TV channel
Guwahati: Team Anna member Akhil Gogoi-led Krishak Mukti Sangram Samiti on Sunday demanded action against a city-based private channel which aired the video of the molestation of the girl on July 9.
Activists of the KMSS, India Against Corruption and Nari Mukti Sangram Samiti today took out a procession in the city and sought prompt action against the channel and one of its reporters for allegedly instigating the mob to molest the girl.
"We demand action against the channel, which is controlled by the wife of a senior state government minister, and also against the particular journalist for inciting the mob," senior KMSS leader Abdul Waheed said.
Akhil Gogoi had yesterday presented the "raw" video footage before the media alleging that the person taking the footage initially with the help of a mobile camera was a journalist of the channel and he was later joined by another colleague to whom he was heard saying that he had organised the "incident".
Gogoi had alleged that the news channel while airing the incident had edited these portions but they managed to acquire the raw footage and found that the role of the journalist was suspicious.
KMSS has already submitted a CD with the entire footage to the Director General of Police Jayanta Narayan Choudhury and urged him to take necessary action in this regard.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory