High-level Assam govt team visits inmates at Bokajan relief camp
Guwahati: A high-level Assam government team is currently on a visit to relief camps in the state`s violence-hit Karbi Anglong district.
They have reportedly interacted with inmates at relief camps in Bokajan.
About 3,800 villagers are staying in the nine relief camps in Bokajan sub-division.
Meanwhile, security forces have arrested one cadre of the Karbi People`s Liberation Tigers in connection with killing of six innocent villagers on December 27 at Khuwoni village.
Inspector General of Police (Law and Order) SN Singh was quoted by media, as saying that the situation is under control and patrolling is on at sensitive areas.
He said 15 additional companies of security forces have been deployed and 16 fixed pickets have also been set up to maintain law and order in the region.
Night curfew has also been imposed in the Bokajan sub-division.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- FSSAI testing more Maggi; brand ambassadors can be liable: Govt
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi