High-level Assam govt team visits inmates at Bokajan relief camp
Guwahati: A high-level Assam government team is currently on a visit to relief camps in the state`s violence-hit Karbi Anglong district.
They have reportedly interacted with inmates at relief camps in Bokajan.
About 3,800 villagers are staying in the nine relief camps in Bokajan sub-division.
Meanwhile, security forces have arrested one cadre of the Karbi People`s Liberation Tigers in connection with killing of six innocent villagers on December 27 at Khuwoni village.
Inspector General of Police (Law and Order) SN Singh was quoted by media, as saying that the situation is under control and patrolling is on at sensitive areas.
He said 15 additional companies of security forces have been deployed and 16 fixed pickets have also been set up to maintain law and order in the region.
Night curfew has also been imposed in the Bokajan sub-division.
- Deepika Padukone in Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’? Kabir Khan has an answer
- Donald Trump the `presumptive` White House nominee as Cruz crashes out
- Karan Singh Grover’s words for Bipasha Basu will restore your faith in love – Check them out
- Champions League: After knocking out Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid ready to write history
- Premier League triumph: Leicester City's 'magic' hailed globally as the party goes on