High-level Assam govt team visits inmates at Bokajan relief camp
Guwahati: A high-level Assam government team is currently on a visit to relief camps in the state`s violence-hit Karbi Anglong district.
They have reportedly interacted with inmates at relief camps in Bokajan.
About 3,800 villagers are staying in the nine relief camps in Bokajan sub-division.
Meanwhile, security forces have arrested one cadre of the Karbi People`s Liberation Tigers in connection with killing of six innocent villagers on December 27 at Khuwoni village.
Inspector General of Police (Law and Order) SN Singh was quoted by media, as saying that the situation is under control and patrolling is on at sensitive areas.
He said 15 additional companies of security forces have been deployed and 16 fixed pickets have also been set up to maintain law and order in the region.
Night curfew has also been imposed in the Bokajan sub-division.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read