Kaziranga to reopen on November 1
Guwahati: Kaziranga National Park, famed for its one-horned rhino, will open for tourists on November 1.
The park, a world heritage site, was closed since May before the onset of the monsoon season, an official release said today.
Jeep safari and elephant ride for tourists will also start from the same day.
Kaziranga has been in the news during the past year following the killing of 36 rhinos by poachers.
The Manas National Park, another world heritage site, already reopened for tourists yesterday, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics?
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part II
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part III
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part IV
- Why is Mehbooba Mufti attacking Hindu beliefs for votes?
- Over 600 young leaders recruited by Rahul Gandhi but not given any responsibilities yet: Report
- Afghan Taliban sources confirm death of leader in US attack
- Why are Antarctica ice-levels increasing? NASA has the answer!
- Buyout group to back rival's bid for Tata's UK steel assets - Sources
- French Open 2016: Angry Nick Kyrgios, Petra Kvitova pass chilly Roland Garros tests