Kaziranga to reopen on November 1
Guwahati: Kaziranga National Park, famed for its one-horned rhino, will open for tourists on November 1.
The park, a world heritage site, was closed since May before the onset of the monsoon season, an official release said today.
Jeep safari and elephant ride for tourists will also start from the same day.
Kaziranga has been in the news during the past year following the killing of 36 rhinos by poachers.
The Manas National Park, another world heritage site, already reopened for tourists yesterday, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review