Kaziranga to reopen on November 1
Guwahati: Kaziranga National Park, famed for its one-horned rhino, will open for tourists on November 1.
The park, a world heritage site, was closed since May before the onset of the monsoon season, an official release said today.
Jeep safari and elephant ride for tourists will also start from the same day.
Kaziranga has been in the news during the past year following the killing of 36 rhinos by poachers.
The Manas National Park, another world heritage site, already reopened for tourists yesterday, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested