Nalbari district records highest voter turnout
Guwahati: Nalbari district in Assam
having a total of six assembly constituencies that went to
second and last phase poll on Monday has recorded the highest
voter turnout of 78.31 per cent.
According to state election commission sources,
Nalbari district topped the list of voter turnout in which the
highest number of 84.42 percent voter turnout was recorded in
In Dharmapur, where opposition Asom Gana Parishad
(AGP) President Chandra Mohan Patowary is in the fray, the
voter turnout was as high as 78.06 per cent.
Kokrajhar district which falls in the Bodoland
Territorial Council (BTC) area where the ruling Bodo Peoples
Front (BPF), an ally of the ruling Congress, is tipped as
favourite, recorded the second highest voter turnout of 75.24
Incidentally, Kamrup (metro) district, which has four
key seats including the state capital, has recorded the
lowest voter turnout of 62.01 percent.
The lowest 59 per cent turnout was recorded from the
Guwahati (East) constituency where three parties, Congress,
AGP and BJP, are locked in a triangular contest.
Additional Chief Electoral Officer, MC Sahu said the
turnout figure might go up as voting reports from many polling
stations had not reached and the final tally would be
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail