Poll related seizure by Income Tax department
Guwahati: The Income Tax department has
seized Rs 1 crore in cash, Rs 2 crore in gold and some
silver in Assam following guidelines issued by the Election
Commission to crackdown on unaccounted cash in the run up to
the polls in the state.
The department also received information of cash being
carried by air which was forwarded to other directorates
outside the region leading to seizure of Rs 50 lakh in cash,
Director of Income Tax (Investigation), Northeast Region TM
The department has also started the process of
scrutinising the affidavits filed by candidates declaring
assets and verifying these with information already available
with the department for reporting to the Election Commission
along with details of any suppression or information about
assets and liabilities or pending dues, he said.
The department is further preparing a report about
those political parties which are taking donations and
enjoying tax exemptions without auditing their accounts or
without filing statutory returns.
Financial authorities, banks and financial
institutions have also been requested by the Election
Commission to report any suspicious withdrawal of large
amounts of cash from any bank account of any individual and
such activities are being actively monitored by the Income Tax
department, Das pointed out.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks