Presbyterian Church urges to resolve Assam conflicts
Shillong: The Presbyterian Church of India on Friday urged the Union government and Assam to expedite measures for restoring confidence among people and resolve the conflict which displaced more than four lakhs recently.
The church Executive Committee which met here last evening resolved to send a joint peace mission team to visit the affected communities in the relief camps in both Assam and neighbouring areas of West Bengal.
Expressing grief and sympathy at the loss of lives, destruction of properties and displacement of such a large population in the clash, the committee urged both the Centre and state government of Assam to take prompt measures with tangible and long lasting solutions.
The committee urged its constituent units and members to pray for restoring peace and normalcy among different communities in Kokrajhar, Dhubri, Chirang and adjoining districts of lower Assam.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amit Shah interacts with journalists at BJP office
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- PM Modi host 'Diwali Milan' for media
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Day/Night Test: Cricketers mock DRS, Nigel Llong decision on Nathan Lyon howler