Presbyterian Church urges to resolve Assam conflicts
Shillong: The Presbyterian Church of India on Friday urged the Union government and Assam to expedite measures for restoring confidence among people and resolve the conflict which displaced more than four lakhs recently.
The church Executive Committee which met here last evening resolved to send a joint peace mission team to visit the affected communities in the relief camps in both Assam and neighbouring areas of West Bengal.
Expressing grief and sympathy at the loss of lives, destruction of properties and displacement of such a large population in the clash, the committee urged both the Centre and state government of Assam to take prompt measures with tangible and long lasting solutions.
The committee urged its constituent units and members to pray for restoring peace and normalcy among different communities in Kokrajhar, Dhubri, Chirang and adjoining districts of lower Assam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?