Survey along Indo-Bangladesh border in Assam
Silchar: A joint survey of the boundary line between India and Bangladesh has begun at Katigorah border area in Cachar district of Assam, official sources said on Saturday.
The survey covering 32 km of the international border in Cachar district began yesterday in the presence of the representatives of both the countries, the sources said.
It may take six to seven months to complete the work, the sources said.
Before starting the survey, a preliminary meeting was held between the survey and administrative officers at the zero point of the border at Natanpur area of Katigorah.
The 10-member team of Land Records and Survey Departments of Assam will represent the Indian side in the survey work to cover the area from pillar no 1338 to pillar no 1358, they said.
The survey will be held on the map signed by the representatives of the two countries, the sources said.
According to the survey team, the last survey between India and the then East Pakistan was held in 1962.
The team will also supervise the repair and replacement of pillars on the border line.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part II
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part III
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part IV
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part V
- CBSE class 10 result 2016, CBSE Class X Results 2016, CBSE 10th Board Result 2016 to be declared tomorrow; check www.cbse.nic.in, www.cbseresults.nic.in
- Retirement age for all government doctors will be increased to 65, announces PM Narendra Modi
- Leander Paes-Martina Hingis, Sania Mirza-Ivan Dodig pairs ease into 2016 French Open pre-quarters
- Nifty ends May F&O series above 8,000-mark, up 135 points
- Zlatan Ibrahamovic praises Jose Mourinho but refuses to name next club