Tarun Gogoi expresses gratitude on Armed Forces Flag Day
Guwahati: Armed Forces Flag Day was an occasion for the nation to express its gratitude and solidarity with the Armed Forces for guarding borders and preserving the sovereignty and territorial integrity of the country, Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi said on Saturday.
"The occasion also provides an opportunity to express solidarity towards welfare of serving as well as retired armed forces personnel and their dependents through generous contribution to the Armed Forces Flag Day Fund," he said while interacting with a delegation of Ex-Servicemen here.
The Chief Minister extended his greetings to all ex- servicemen and their families. The delegation comprised Director of Sainik Welfare Commodore K C Choudhury along with prominent ex-servicemen from the state including Congress MLA Capt Robin Bordoloi, Col Manoranjan Goswami and Wing Commander Manoj Bora.
The Chief Minister directed Commodore Choudhury to raise an eco-task battalion comprising ex-servicemen for Kamrup district to protect the environment and forest.
Gogoi also asked him to initiate necessary steps to erect a War Memorial on the bank of Dighalipukhuri in Guwahati.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital