Tarun Gogoi, family can drive car in Gujarat water pipelines
Guwahati: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday boasted that the size of his state`s water supply pipes was such that his Assam counterpart Tarun Gogoi could drive with his family in a car through them.
"Do you know the size of the pipes? Tarun Gogoi and his entire family can drive a Maruti car inside the pipes," Modi told a public rally here.
"Assam is lucky that it has a river like Brahmaputra. We cannot even think of a river like this in Gujarat. Still people of Guwahati do not have water to drink," Modi, the BJP Prime Ministerial candidate said.
"We only have the Narmada river. Then we built canals and pipelines. Now we are giving drinking water to every household. Even soldiers on the India-Pakistan border are getting water," he said to applause.
Modi said that had NDA Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee`s plan to inter-link rivers materialised, people in the entire country would have received water for drinking, agriculture and drought control.
"But someone filed a PIL," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan