Tarun Gogoi orders CID probe into fake FB, Twitter accounts
Guwahati: Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi on Sunday ordered a CID enquiry into fake Facebook and Twitter accounts in his name.
According to an official release, Gogoi has asked the chief secretary to initiate a probe by the state CID into opening of the accounts in the social media networking websites.
Meanwhile, the state Congress party today organised a regional workshop among its members to educate them in handling social media accounts.
Gogoi along with All India Congress Committee Secretary Avinash Pande also participated in the workshop, which was attended by nearly 600 delegates.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof