Two NDFB(S) men involved in NHPC GM`s kidnap held
Tezpur: Two linkmen of the National Democratic Front of Bodoland (NDFB)-Songbijit faction who allegedly helped in the abduction of NHPC General Manager Anil Kumar Agarwal on September 21 last have been arrested, police said on Friday.
The two linkmen - Sureng Hajoary and Raju Basumatary - arrested yesterday in the district had given information to the abductors on Agarwal, Sonitpur Superintendent Police Arabinda Kalita said.
So far five persons have been arrested in connection with the abduction of the NHPC official, Kalita said.
Assam Director General of Police Jayanta Narayan Chaudhury who recently held a meeting here with the police officials regarding the rescue of Agarwal instructed that the operations be intensified, he added.
Assam police in association with its Arunachal Pradesh counterpart has launched a special operation to rescue the abducted General Manager, kidnapped from 12 Mile area near the Assam-Arunachal Pradesh border under Charduar police station in Sonitpur district as he was coming from Tawang to Guwahati.
Agarwal is originally from Faridabad in Haryana and was posted at Tawang in Arunachal Pradesh for the last one year.
There are two hydro-electric power projects in Tawang - Chu-I and Chu?II. Agarwal is the General Manager of the Chu-I project.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says