ULFA militant killed in encounter with Army
Guwahati: A hardcore ULFA militant was shot dead in an encounter with the Army in lower Assam`s Goalpara district on Saturday.
Police said a group of militants were on an extortion drive in Lakhipur village when they were intercepted by an army patrol team.
On being challenged the ultras, numbering about five, fired on the security men leading to a retaliation.
One militant, who was yet to be identified, was killed and one pistol recovered from him, police said adding that others managed to escape. The body of the ultra has been handed over to the police and further investigations are on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read