Woman Maoist leader arrested in Guwahati
Guwahati: A woman Maoist leader and wife of recently arrested senior CPI(Maoist) leader Anukul Chandra Naskar alias `Pareshda` has been arrested here.
IGP-Central Western Range L R Bishnoi told reporters here in Thursday that Kabita Rabha alias Debi Mukherjee, CPI(Maoist) district committee member of Lower Assam was arrested from a rented premises at Udalbakra area of Guwahati last night and several articles, including computers were seized from her.
She was arrested by a team led by Superintendent of Police-Operations, Ranjan Bhuyan along with officials from the 175 CRPF battalion and army Gajraj intelligence.
Rabha was produced before a local court during the day and remanded in 10 days police custody.
The 31-year-old Maoist, hailing from Phalaghat village under Chaygaon police station near here, had married 76-year old `Pareshda` in 2004 following the outfit`s rules and regulations, the IGP said.
She had set up a press by the name of `Rainbow Printing Press` to print Maoist pamphlets and books for distribution among cadres and supporters.
She also maintained the accounts of expenditure of the outfit and maintained the data into two computers, which were seized from her along with CDs, pen drives, bank account passbook, documents, books, a blood pressure measuring machine and a stethoscope.
Her elder brother Prassana alias Lambu(35), also a district committee member, was arrested in Ranchi by Jharkhand police today, while another brother Rajib Rabha has been picked up for questioning, Bishnoi said.
Naskar, who hails from South 24 Parganas district of West Bengal, was arrested from Silchar town in Cachar district on May 8.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Know what Shah Rukh Khan feels about PM Narendra Modi’s ‘Make In India’ initiative
- Know how Karan Johar entertains ‘India's Got Talent’ co-judge Malaika Arora Khan
- CINTAA's joint secretary apologises to Rakhi Sawant, Dolly Bindra – Here’s why
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants Aamir, Salman, Shah Rukh Khan to support her
- Indian Naval Ships Veer, Nipat to be decommissioned today