10 quintals of explosives seized in Bihar
Patna: Police have seized 10 quintals of ammonium nitrate, 100 gelatin rods and 60,000 detonators from a village in Bihar`s Rohtas district, officials said on Saturday.
The explosives were seized from a house under the mofussil police station of the district, Rohtas Superintendent of Police Vikas Vaibhav told a news service on phone.
Police are investigating the case, he said, declining to give any more information.
There are a number of mines in Rohtas, 150 km from Patna.
About seven quintals of potassium nitrate used to make explosives was seized last Thursday from a village in Bihar`s Jamui district, 150 km from Patna, and five people were arrested.
Last month, explosive material, firearms and live cartridges were recovered from Bihar`s Gaya, Patna and Munger districts.
- Will Sonia Gandhi answer RSS's claim of igniting riots in the country?
- DNA: Only 4% of Indian polpulation pays income tax
- Police arrest person accused of abducting woman in Bengaluru
- Scientists find three Earth-sized planets orbiting dwarf star
- Kerala: Dalit law student brutally raped, murdered in Ernakulam
- Funny video: Squirrel taunts house cat through glass door – Watch
- L&T Finance terminates over 500 employees citing poor performance
- Illegal mining scam: BJP Karnataka president Yeddyurappa becomes teary-eyed in CBI court
- Adorable! This cute baby goes to bed with his best mate dog – Watch video
- Supreme Court to consider NEET exemption applications on Tuesday