10 quintals of explosives seized in Bihar
Patna: Police have seized 10 quintals of ammonium nitrate, 100 gelatin rods and 60,000 detonators from a village in Bihar`s Rohtas district, officials said on Saturday.
The explosives were seized from a house under the mofussil police station of the district, Rohtas Superintendent of Police Vikas Vaibhav told a news service on phone.
Police are investigating the case, he said, declining to give any more information.
There are a number of mines in Rohtas, 150 km from Patna.
About seven quintals of potassium nitrate used to make explosives was seized last Thursday from a village in Bihar`s Jamui district, 150 km from Patna, and five people were arrested.
Last month, explosive material, firearms and live cartridges were recovered from Bihar`s Gaya, Patna and Munger districts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video