11 children fall sick after eating Jatropha seeds
Munger: Eleven children were taken ill after
eating Jatropha Curcas seeds at Rampur Residential school
in Bihar`s Munger district late night, official sources said.
All the children were admitted to a Primary Health
Centre (PHC) under Jamalpur police station limits where their
condition was stated to be out of danger, Civil Surgeon of the
PHC Dr Jagat Prasad said.
The children had plucked the seeds from a nearby school
compound and consumed it.
Jatropha Curcas is a poisonous, semi-evergreen shrub
whose seeds can be used to produce a high quality biodiesel
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack