11 children fall sick after eating Jatropha seeds
Munger: Eleven children were taken ill after
eating Jatropha Curcas seeds at Rampur Residential school
in Bihar`s Munger district late night, official sources said.
All the children were admitted to a Primary Health
Centre (PHC) under Jamalpur police station limits where their
condition was stated to be out of danger, Civil Surgeon of the
PHC Dr Jagat Prasad said.
The children had plucked the seeds from a nearby school
compound and consumed it.
Jatropha Curcas is a poisonous, semi-evergreen shrub
whose seeds can be used to produce a high quality biodiesel
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends