11 children fall sick after eating Jatropha seeds
Munger: Eleven children were taken ill after
eating Jatropha Curcas seeds at Rampur Residential school
in Bihar`s Munger district late night, official sources said.
All the children were admitted to a Primary Health
Centre (PHC) under Jamalpur police station limits where their
condition was stated to be out of danger, Civil Surgeon of the
PHC Dr Jagat Prasad said.
The children had plucked the seeds from a nearby school
compound and consumed it.
Jatropha Curcas is a poisonous, semi-evergreen shrub
whose seeds can be used to produce a high quality biodiesel
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory