11 children fall sick after eating Jatropha seeds
Munger: Eleven children were taken ill after
eating Jatropha Curcas seeds at Rampur Residential school
in Bihar`s Munger district late night, official sources said.
All the children were admitted to a Primary Health
Centre (PHC) under Jamalpur police station limits where their
condition was stated to be out of danger, Civil Surgeon of the
PHC Dr Jagat Prasad said.
The children had plucked the seeds from a nearby school
compound and consumed it.
Jatropha Curcas is a poisonous, semi-evergreen shrub
whose seeds can be used to produce a high quality biodiesel
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’