2 CRPF personnel killed, 7 injured in landmine blast in Bihar
Aurangabad (Bihar): Two CRPF personnel were killed and seven other security officials injured when they were defusing a landmine planted by Maoists in Bihar`s Aurangabad district today.
The incident took place ahead of the April 10 Lok Sabha polls in the Maoist-affected district.
Inspector General of Police (Operation) Amit Kumar said a joint team of CRPF and Bihar police was defusing the landmine planted by ultras in Dibra police station area of the district when it exploded.
The officer-in-charge of Dibra police station was among those injured, Additional Director General of Police (Law and Order) S K Bhardwaj told PTI at Patna.
The injured were brought to the sadar hospital here, Kumar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- US election is about more than beating Donald Trump: Senator Bernie Sanders
- Sterling, stocks skid as Brexit result agonisingly close
- REVEALED: Anil Kumble's first message to India captains Mahendra Singh Dhoni, Virat Kohli after appointment
- 'Mirzya' trailer alert! Harshvardhan Kapoor spells enchanting cast in a splendid tale by Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra
- RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat to share dais with Leonardo DiCaprio in UK: Reports