24 IPS officers tainted in Bihar: Govt
Patna: The Bihar government on Wednesday admitted
that as many as 24 officers of Indian Police Services
(IPS) in the state are tainted and are facing various charges.
"As many as 24 IPS officials posted in the state were
tainted and facing various charges," state water resources
minister Vijay Kumar Chaudhary informed the legislative
council in reply to a question by CPI(M) member Kedarnath
The state government has sought explanation from eight
IPS officials, while explanation from nine other IPS officials
have been received and are being examined, he said.
Once the probe against these tainted IPS officials
gets complete, a report will be sent to the Union Public
Service Commission (UPSC) and the union home ministry for
necessary action against them, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt