30% voter-cards fake in Bihar: Paswan
Patna: LJP chief Ramvilas Paswan on Saturday
alleged that 30 per cent of Electoral Photo Identity Cards
(EPICs) distributed for Bihar Assembly polls were fake and
demanded a high-level Election Commission probe into it.
"We have definite information that 30 per cent of the
EPICs distributed among the voters here for the 2010 Assembly
polls are fake...and NDA is behind it," Paswan told a press
He also showed several EPICs to the mediamen and
claimed that these cards were obtained from Kariawan panchayat
under Bikram Assembly constituency in Patna district.
"These cards carry photographs of male though the name
and gender was of a female.... There are some EPICs which have
photographs of young girls but the date of birth suggest her
age to be more than 70 years," Paswan claimed.
Separate delegations of his party leaders would
approach both the Election Commission`s offices in New Delhi
and Bihar seeking a high-level probe, he said.
Paswan also alleged that the ruling NDA in Bihar had
recently promoted supervisory grade employees to block
development officers and posted officials of its choice before
the elections to manipulate the poll process.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report