45 feared drowned as boat capsizes
Bettiah: One person was killed and 45 others were feared drowned when an overcrowded boat capsized in the turbulent Gandak river in Bihar`s West Champaran district Friday morning.
The police said the overloaded boat was going to Bhagwanpur from Ranha village when it capsized near Ghoria Ghat.
One body has been fished out from the swollen river while local divers searched for 45 missing persons.
Senior district officials were supervising the rescue and relief operation, the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read