45 feared drowned as boat capsizes
Bettiah: One person was killed and 45 others were feared drowned when an overcrowded boat capsized in the turbulent Gandak river in Bihar`s West Champaran district Friday morning.
The police said the overloaded boat was going to Bhagwanpur from Ranha village when it capsized near Ghoria Ghat.
One body has been fished out from the swollen river while local divers searched for 45 missing persons.
Senior district officials were supervising the rescue and relief operation, the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional