Action packed Monsoon session of Bihar Assembly from Jul 26
Patna: The Monsoon session of Bihar State Assembly would begin from July 26, the first after parting of ways between JD(U) and BJP.
According to notification issued by Assembly secretariat, the session will begin from July 26 and end on August 2.
Supplementary budget would be introduced on July 29 and after discussion it would be put for voting on August 1, the notification said.
Private members bill will be taken up on last day of the session on August 2, it added.
The monsoon session of Bihar Assembly is expected to be full of action as BJP, the erstwhile partner of JD(U) has now come in Opposition.
With 91 members from BJP moving to Opposition bench, the strength of opponents to the Nitish Kumar government has increased which is bound to create problem for the ruling dispensation.
It would be interesting to see how BJP and 22-members RJD coordinate to pin the government down on important issues.
In the 243-member Bihar Assembly, while JD(U) has 118 members, including Speaker Udai Narayan Chaudhary, BJP has 91 members, RJD 22, Congress 4, LJP and CPI one each and 6 Independents.
Congress, CPI and 4 Independents had voted for government on trust motion while lone LJP member had walked out of the House and 2 Independents had cast vote against the motion.
But, Congress which had bailed out JD(U) government has said the vote was part of its political strategy and they would not hesitate to take on the government on issues concerning common man.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Meanwhile, Russian forces arrive in Pakistan for `Friendship 2016` joint military drill