Admn orders probe into report of teacher assaulting girl
Misraulia: A probe was today
ordered by the administration into allegations that an
eight-year-old girl was mercilessly beaten up by a teacher for
not bringing Rs 2 towards contribution for holding the
Independence Day function at a state-run school here in
Superintendent of Police Sujit Kumar said that
though no official complaint had been registered he had heard
"that the girl suffered multiple injuries and her arm was
broken by a teacher, said to be neighbour, a couple of days
back, and she has stopped going to the school."
Though no complaint had been lodged by the guardian of
the girl with the Jandaha police station, adjacent to the
school, he had asked the Officer-in-charge Sudhir Kumar to
visit the village this evening and inquire into it, the SP
The police would take appropriate legal action after
ascertaining the facts related to the incident and compilation
of the inquiry report, Kumar added.
According to reports, the teacher had ordered the
students to bring Rs two each towards their contribution for
the I-day function and had charged towards the girl Komal with
a stick when she could not bring the money.
The teacher, way from the village at present, could
not be contacted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part II
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part III
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part IV
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Women suffering from ADHD more prone to suicidal tendencies, says study
- Muslim man removed from flight after attendant announced, 'Mohamed Ahmed, I will be watching you'
- Russia Doping: A chronology of major events
- 120 Taliban, ISIS militants killed in wide-scale operations by Afghan army, cops
- China, Pakistan launch first joint border patrols near Xinjiang