All LJP MLAs resign from Bihar Assembly
Patna: All 12 Lok Janashakti Party MLAs on Thursday resigned from Bihar Assembly in protest against their suspension by Speaker Udaya Narain Chowdhary for the rest of
"All the 12 MLAs of the party have submitted their resignation letters to National President Ram Vilas Paswan and state chief Pashupati Kumar Paras in protest against their suspension from the state Assembly yesterday," LJP spokesman Keshav Singh said.
The MLAs had submitted their letters at the state legislature party meeting held here last evening and requested the party leadership to take a decision, he said.
The MLAs felt that their continuance as members of the state Assembly was "meaningless" after the "insult" they were subjected to by the Speaker in the House yesterday when they were suspended.
"It has denigrated the position of the members of the house," he said.
Chowdhary had yesterday suspended 11 of the 12 LJP MLAs for their unruly behaviour in the house on Tuesday and Wednesday.
The Speaker had yesterday suspended a total of 67 opposition MLAs for the rest of the monsoon session for their unruly behaviour in the House.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- English Premier League: Is Leicester City's 5,000-1 upset the greatest sporting shock ever?
- Pakistan knew about Osama bin Laden's Abbottabad hideout: Hillary Clinton
- Hema Malini, Dharmendra celebrate 36 years of marriage – See pics
- PM Narendra Modi may quash MPs' dreams of 100% salary hike - Know why
- Who’s the ‘Secret Superstar’ in Aamir Khan’s next film?