Asst jailor gets two-year imprisonment
Patna: A former assistant jailor was today sentenced to two years of imprisonment by a special court here in a 19-year-old bribery case.
The special vigilance court judge BK Rai sentenced former assistant jailor of Barh divisional jail Nageshwar Prasad to two years imprisonment and imposed a fine of Rs 15,000 for accepting a bribe of Rs 5,000 in 1994.
Prasad took the money from a supplier of necessary items in the jail for clearing the pending bill.
He was arrested on the supplier`s complaint.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Beware! Fake currency notes floating in market this Diwali
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon