Asst jailor gets two-year imprisonment
Patna: A former assistant jailor was today sentenced to two years of imprisonment by a special court here in a 19-year-old bribery case.
The special vigilance court judge BK Rai sentenced former assistant jailor of Barh divisional jail Nageshwar Prasad to two years imprisonment and imposed a fine of Rs 15,000 for accepting a bribe of Rs 5,000 in 1994.
Prasad took the money from a supplier of necessary items in the jail for clearing the pending bill.
He was arrested on the supplier`s complaint.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Researchers identify rare form of hereditary colon cancer
- India should not hold dialogue with Pakistan: Samajwadi Party
- French PM `open` to interim ban on foreign funding of mosques
- Nirbhaya case: Convicts' lawyer challenges 'iron rod' theory, announces Rs 10 lakh reward for anyone who proves it
- Surprise! Bhagyashree looks amazingly hot in these latest PICS