Asst jailor gets two-year imprisonment
Patna: A former assistant jailor was today sentenced to two years of imprisonment by a special court here in a 19-year-old bribery case.
The special vigilance court judge BK Rai sentenced former assistant jailor of Barh divisional jail Nageshwar Prasad to two years imprisonment and imposed a fine of Rs 15,000 for accepting a bribe of Rs 5,000 in 1994.
Prasad took the money from a supplier of necessary items in the jail for clearing the pending bill.
He was arrested on the supplier`s complaint.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what