Patna: The grand alliance comprising of Janata Dal (United), Rashtriya Janata Dal and Congress have come together to take on the resurgent Bharatiya Janata Party-led National Democratic Alliance in the Bihar Assembly Elections.
Here are the highlights of the poll manifesto of the 'Mahagathbandhan'.
- Women to get 35 percent reservation in all government jobs.
- In the next two years all villages will get electricity.
- The unemployed youth of 20-25 years of age will be provided with self-help allowance of Rs 1,000
- 12th pass students to get education loan upto Rs 4 lakhs.
- In the next five years every household will be given clean water supply.
- Every village will be connected with roads and around 1.72 crore toilets will be constructed.
- Five medical colleges will be built in Bihar. Every district will have at least one polytechnic, ITI and an engineering college.