Bihar Congress supports establishment of AMU in Kishanganj
Patna: The Bihar unit of the Congress on Friday promised to set up at least three AMU`s (Aligarh Muslim University) in the state, if voted to power.
"After being voted to power in Bihar, we will provide clearance for establishing at least three AMUs in the Muslim-dominated districts of the state. We will invite universities of international repute and even foreign
universities to set up their centres in Bihar," state Congress president Anil Sharma said.
He charged Chief Minister Nitish Kumar of creating "disturbances" across the state through the student wing (ABVP) of his alliance partner over setting up of AMU in the Muslim-dominated Kishanganj district.
"The party will not allow CM to derive political mileage out of ABVP`s protest to set up an extension centre of AMU in Kishanganj," he said while demanding stern action against ABVP activists for allegedly fighting a pitched battle with the police during the protest march.
The BPCC president announced that the second phase of party`s week long `parivartan yatra` would commence from the party headquarters here tomorrow in which senior party leaders Sagar Raika and Girish Sanghvi would participate.
Sharma ruled out any differences with Jagdish Tytler, in-charge Bihar affairs of the party, saying that Tytler would not be able to participate in the flagging off ceremony of the rally here tomorrow due to other preoccupations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says