Bihar Congress supports establishment of AMU in Kishanganj
Patna: The Bihar unit of the Congress on Friday promised to set up at least three AMU`s (Aligarh Muslim University) in the state, if voted to power.
"After being voted to power in Bihar, we will provide clearance for establishing at least three AMUs in the Muslim-dominated districts of the state. We will invite universities of international repute and even foreign
universities to set up their centres in Bihar," state Congress president Anil Sharma said.
He charged Chief Minister Nitish Kumar of creating "disturbances" across the state through the student wing (ABVP) of his alliance partner over setting up of AMU in the Muslim-dominated Kishanganj district.
"The party will not allow CM to derive political mileage out of ABVP`s protest to set up an extension centre of AMU in Kishanganj," he said while demanding stern action against ABVP activists for allegedly fighting a pitched battle with the police during the protest march.
The BPCC president announced that the second phase of party`s week long `parivartan yatra` would commence from the party headquarters here tomorrow in which senior party leaders Sagar Raika and Girish Sanghvi would participate.
Sharma ruled out any differences with Jagdish Tytler, in-charge Bihar affairs of the party, saying that Tytler would not be able to participate in the flagging off ceremony of the rally here tomorrow due to other preoccupations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- French woman facing extradition to Chile granted bail by Delhi court
- Hot, humid Sunday morning in Delhi
- Radical changes! Two-division Tests and One-Day League on ICC agenda
- Pampore encounter: Mufti, Nirmal Singh attend wreath laying ceremony
- Vitara Brezza, Innova make it to top 10 best selling passenger vehicles in May