Bihar farmers can kill nilgai
Patna: Bihar Deputy Chief Minister Sushil
Kumar Modi on Tuesday said farmers can kill nilgai, if the animals
grazed and damaged their farm produces, after obtaining a
permission from the administration.
A farmer could kill a nilgai straying in his field,
but only after obtaining permission from either the district
magistrate or the Sub-Divisional Officer (SDOs) who have been
declared as the honorary wildlife wardens, Modi said in the
Legislative Council while replying to a debate on the forest
and environment department budget.
The environment and forest department is held by the
deputy chief minister.
Modi said there was no option but to kill the nilgai
destroying farm produces as all efforts, including
sterlization of male nilgai, had failed to give desired
To allay apprehension among people about killing
nilgai, he said the wild animal was not related to cow which
was revered by the faithfuls.
Modi said a forest department team will launch a drive
to kill nilgai so that people could learn the method and do so
on their own in future.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you